Thursday, September 12, 2013

Wilford Brimley Is Still Funny



I love to laugh. Usually, it's about something totally inappropriate. That's just my weird, twisted humor. My husband is similar in that he also loves a good dirty joke or a non PC observation.

The other night while we were talking about all this diabetes mess he said, "Do you think this happened because we laughed at Wilford Brimley?"

I honestly didn't know what to say. But I did laugh. I couldn't help it.

 Eventually I told him that No, I did not think Mr. Brimley had anything to do with this. I'm still not sure if he was being serious or not. I guess in times of tragedy you try and find ANY explanation even if it means pinning our son's diabetes on the Quaker Oats man.

My reason for writing this post is to assure people that I have not lost my sense of humor during the past few weeks. In fact, at times I've had to cling to it in order not to go completely bonkers.

So don't get all PC on me and feel like you can't say certain things or laugh at internet memes.

I know that nobody is actually laughing at the disease or the issues it causes. I know that nobody is laughing about my son being diagnosed or any child diagnosed for that matter. I can separate all of that in my mind easily...probably because I laugh at myself and my problems on a regular basis.

Wilford Brimley is still funny. I promise.












No comments:

Post a Comment